Studies on Spinal Cord Injury

Motherhood After Spinal Cord Injury

Participation will help develop clinical guidelines and recommendations to improve the health care of mothers with SCI. Click here for more information.

Are You Suffering with Pain?

The Translational Pain Research Group at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital is seeking individuals with pain as a result of Spinal Cord Injury to participate in a research study. Volunteers must:

Volunteers who qualify for the study will be reimbursed for their time. The cost of travel to and from BWH will also be reimbursed.

For more information please call 617-525-7246 (PAIN) or email

Participation in Research Therapies for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
Available in Gainsville, FL

Have you or someone you know had a spinal cord injury that has affected your ability to walk?

The Department of Veterans Affairs Brain Rehabilitation Research Center is conducting a spinal cord injury-related treatment study that needs participants.

If you have an incomplete motor spinal cord injury and were injured more than 1 year ago, you may qualify for this study.

The study requires participation in breathing and/or walking treatments for research purposes. There is no charge to take part in the study and monetary assistance is available to help with travel and lodging. To find out if you or someone you know may be eligible, please call:

The Brain Rehabilitation Research Center in Gainesville: 352-376-1611, ext. 5110 or 800-324-8387, ext. 5110.

Spinal Cord Injury Research Protocols

A listing of studies currently being offered at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, VA.